Thursday, October 7, 2010

Promoting is Hard Work

I've heard other authors talk about how writing is hard, but promoting is harder.  I think I believe them now.  I'm not a naturally extroverted person, and selling myself has never been easy.  I'm just not the kind of person to force my way into someone's attention.  Unfortunately, I kind of have to alter my thinking on that in order to get any attention for Undead Crimefighters.

Since I've been doing the podcast and the blog, it's been getting easier for me to step out of my comfort zone and talk to people I normally wouldn't, but it's still a work in progress.  I really don't want to impose on anyone, so I'd rather just step back and avoid those situations.  But when you're a self-published author, you really don't have that kind of choice.  No one's going do to the work for you, which is really a shame, lol.

So as much as I love my story and I believe in it, it's still not easy to thrust it in someone's face.  Maybe, with time, I'll be able to get over my fear of being annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment